Caraquet, November 12, 2015 – Seven Northern New Brunswick hospital foundations launched the 11th Annual Northern Star Campaign this morning, in partnership with the participating Caisses populaires acadiennes branches.
“I am proud to announce that starting today, the staff of the Caisses populaires acadiennes branches in the Acadian Peninsula, Chaleur, Restigouche and Grand Falls area will invite the public to support this campaign. This event is very important to us, as 100% of funds raised remain in our community to support our health facilities”, stated Mr. Hermel Chiasson, representative of the participating Caisses populaires acadiennes branches.
“Like many of you, I had to use the care and services provided at my hospital. That is why I encourage you to support the Northern Star event. We all need to support our local foundation, which is dedicated to improve screening services and first line care by purchasing equipment for our hospital. Your contribution will enable us to support health care professionals so that they can provide better health care services in our health facilities”, stated Mr. Jacques Ouellet.
“We are very pleased that 7 foundations from Northern New Brunswick are taking part in this event. It shows that the Northern Star is a unifying community project that allows us to raise people awareness of urgent needs in our hospitals. Since the first edition of the Northern Star, $650,346 was invested in our respective hospitals. For more information or to make a donation, I invite people to visit their Caisse populaire acadienne branch or this website: etoilenord.ca”, mentioned Ms. Linda Sivret, Chair of the event for the Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital de Tracadie.
In addition, the lighting of dedicated Christmas trees, holiday-themed figures, and community fir trees near the hospitals will take place on December 1st. Local residents are invited to participate and show their support.
The Northern Star is an event organized as part of each participating foundation’s Annual Campaign. 100% of the funds raised with this event will be handed to your foundation to fulfill the needs of their respective hospitals.
The representatives of the Northern Star Campaign for each of the foundations are:
- Annie Cyr, Chair of the Northern Star – Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation
- Bernard Thériault, Chair of the Northern Star – Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus
- Mr Pierre Bellefleur, Chair of the Foundation of the Friends of the Grand Falls General Hospital
- Marie-Jeanne Noël, Chair of the Northern Star – La Fondation de l’Hôpital de Lamèque Inc.
- Michel (Mike) Doiron, Chair of the Northern Star – Friends of Healthcare Foundation
- Sylvie Bourgoin, chair of the Fondation Dr Romaric Boulay
- Linda Sivret, Chair of the Northern Star – Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital de Tracadie Inc.