The hospital foundations of the Chaleur region, Acadian Peninsula, Restigouche, Saint- Quentin and Grand Falls, in collaboration with UNI Financial Cooperation, are proud to announce that the amount of $82,258 was raised during the 12th edition of the Northern Star. 100% of the funds raised during the activity will go to the foundations so they can meet the needs of our facilities.
The money will be shared among the foundations based on the funds raised in each region and then used to meet each facility’s needs. “This is an admirable activity that highlights the important role of health care in everyday life,” explained Bernard Thériault, Chair of the activity for the Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus.
The sale of mini-Christmas trees in the points of service of UNI Financial Cooperation and in various businesses in the region began on November 17 and came to a close on December 31. “The partnership between the seven foundations and UNI Financial Cooperation clearly demonstrates that by working together, our communities can accomplish great things. Our staff members, who adopted the project, continue to be directly involved in its success. Mini-Christmas trees decorated the walls of the region’s UNI Financial Cooperation Business Centre and demonstrated how much the people of our communities support our foundations”, explains Mr. Hermel Chiasson, representative of UNI Financial Cooperation.
The Northern Star Campaign representatives for each foundation are:
- Chantal Mallet, Northern Star Campaign Chair, Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation
- Bernard Thériault, Northern Star Campaign Chair, Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus
- Pierre Bellefleur, Chairman of the Foundation of the Friends of the Grand Falls General Hospital
- Marie-Jeanne Noël, Northern Star Campaign Chair, La Fondation de l’Hôpital de Lamèque
- Michel (Mike) Doiron, Chairman of the Friends of Healthcare Foundation
- Sylvie Bourgoin, Chairperson of the Fondation Dr Romaric Boulay
- Clifford Robichaud, Northern Star Campaign Chair, Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital deTracadie