January 22, 2021 – The nine Northern New Brunswick Hospital Foundations, in partnership with UNI Financial Cooperation are proud to announce that the 16th edition allowed to raise a record-breaking $114,000! All the profits from the Northern Star Campaign will go to the various participating foundations so that they can meet the health care needs in their respective regions.
This last edition was certainly marked by the continued generosity of our communities in this time of pandemic. The addition of the virtual format of the mini-trees this year was intended to demonstrate the community’s support for front-line employees.
“For me, this was my first edition of the Northern Star and I am impressed with the community’s sense of belonging to our hospitals. In this time of pandemic, we weren’t sure of the public’s response. And now we’ve reached a record year. On behalf of the patients, I am saying a very sincere thank you to all the donors for supporting health care at home.” explained Mr. David Blanchard, chairperson of the activity for the Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus.
The nine participating foundations were:
• Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation (Bathurst);
• Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus Inc. (Caraquet);
• Foundation of the Friends of the Grand Falls General Hospital Inc. (Grand Falls);
• Edmundston Regional Hospital Foundation (Edmundston);
• La Fondation de l’Hôpital de Lamèque (Lamèque);
• Friends of Healthcare Foundation (Campbellton);
• Fondation Dr Romaric Boulay (Saint-Quentin);
• The Friends of the Stella-Maris-de-Kent Foundation (Sainte-Anne-de-Kent);
• Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital de Tracadie (Tracadie).
The lighting of dedicated Christmas trees, holiday-themed figures and community Christmas trees near the hospitals took place Wednesday, December 2. It is more then 200 trees that were illuminated in front of our hospitals.
This new record amount now represents more than $1.2 million dollars raised since 2005. The donations raised are truly making a difference in people’s lives by providing access to quality health care close to home.